Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My second post on my blog (very innovative name I know)

You know the feeling right? When you think of doing something, you get brilliant nobel-prize worthy ideas, but when you actually sit down to do the actual thing, you're at a loss. Well, that familiar feeling is staring at me right now. And she's looking at me from the screen with that all-too-familiar mischievous smile. Yeah, its a SHE. Since the creators of the English language didn't really bother with assigning genders to stuff except us living things, I thought of finishing their unfinished work. It's my latest hobby. One that promises not to last longer than this blog post, but fun anyway.

I imagine this is how their conversation must've gone. For simplicity lets call the fathers of modern day English, Ladybug and Donkey.

Donkey : Hey Ladybug, so we've finished most of our work. All that remains is assigning genders to stuff. And this part is yours.
Ladybug: Didn't we do that last time?
Donkey: Last time, you were drunk!! And I was left to do all the pronunciations by myself. Do you know how difficult it was with you having done spellings in my absence. I only had your notes to go through, and your messy writing, baap re baap. Didn't get a word of it.
Ladybug: Oye saale, don't you comment on my writing. You are here only because I influenced God to take you in. Otherwise you would have been just another writer for Seinfeld.
Donkey: HA.. your influence. I am here just because I am good at what I do.
Ladybug: Good! Ha, good in bed maybe but at writing, you suck like a straw.

At this, Donkey flung itself (the records paradoxically don't tell us their gender) on Ladybug, and a fight ensued. While the fight went on, the messenger of God entered. Now this guy.... apple, yeah lets call him apple. So apple was on a tight schedule, also it was Christmas time and Santa Claus had to be given his annual budget allocation. He had strict orders to get the literature stuff from Donkey and Ladybug without delay. So he just picked up the pile of pages and left.

And there you have it, the story of the beginning of the English language.

2 comments:

  1. excellently composed crap..as expected frm a genuine crapper!
    again don get me wrong here...its crap bt excellent....fun to read though !

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an innovative title! , hats off!! [:p]

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am Arjun P. Kamath, and I am a nice guy to know.